Saturday, October 22, 2016

I'm having an affair...it's like we signed a lease and we're living together (temporarily anyway)

I’m having an affair with “A seat at the table” and while I feel a little late to the party, my enthusiasm is just as strong as the vets that coped it when it first dropped, I promise.  As a nerdy urban astrologer, when I approach an album, I totally immerse myself in the artist-their bday, natal chart, temperament, their work, and find the correlation.  And this week, it’s Solange.  It’s like we signed a lease, and we’re living together (temporarily anyway).  But I digress….


 I’m here for all of the melanin imagery, hues of brown, subtle hand gestures, free form dred locs, booties and bass lines.  My mouth was hanging open throughout the entire video and feel the need to officially say I didn’t know and I’m sorry I slept on your #BlackGirlMagic #DontTouchMyHairVideo













It's refreshing to see she and her mother are both unapologetically black.  I’ll admit, I judged her (Tina Knowles) and just assumed she was a “tragic mulatto” but turns out, momma Knowles is a real sista gurl from around the way and a VERY proud black woman might I add.  I heard some of her words in “Tina Taught Me” and gave her mental high fives cause she was dropping straight knowledge. 
Solange’s bday is June 24th and I lovingly call this breed the “walking hurricanes”. These individuals can be prone to struggle balancing these two polarities (Water & Air) as she sits right on the cusp June 24th which cosmically means she has traits (80% Gemini) and (20% Cancer) Now that infamous clip of her wigging out in the elevator makes even MORE sense! lol.

Cancerians are nurturing and protective of others.  Their ruling planet is the Moon and they tend to be moody with constantly changing emotions. Least Compatible Zodiac Signs: Aries, Libra, Aquarius, Sagittarius. *JayZ=Sag



They have the best of both worlds-the Brains + Brilliance of Gemini =(ruled by Mercury)
and the Intuition+Perception+Depth of a Cancer aka "the crab" (ruled by the moon) .
























Basically, they can do many things well. Think, mad scientist. Artists like this have the ability to transcend their challenges.  Like Mystique from X-men, a power like this can take on many forms keeping you guessing where their artistry will take you next.   Don’t believe me?  I dare you to watch these two videos.  
("Don’t’ Touch My Hair" and "Cranes in the Sky")

















I identify as a fellow musician being intense free spirits.  It’s not always easy being this way in American society and our only way out is “in”.  What do I mean by this?  We show others how to transcend their pain by baring ours to the world- using our light of truth to shine in dark places.  A cool bassist on my FB timeline named Michael said “Musicians have a way of casting an air of beauty around them” and I couldn’t agree more.  As I learn more of her story, watch documentaries, etc.  I see she too battled depression, self image issues and dealt with a ton of other struggles.  She rose above, transmuted the negative energy into positive in true alchemist fashion.  THIS is what makes her beautiful as she is standing in her truth and inspiring others to do the same.



#SupportBlackArt #YoungGiftedBlack #GemCan #ABeautifulMess #BlackGirlMagik #UrbanAstrologer #HolisticCounselor #AncestralMatchmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment