Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Trump Supporter took this pic-a beautiful, single white woman in Atlanta. Here's what we told her...


The story behind this picture: (taken March 2016)
The woman that took this pic approached us on our daily family walk on the Atlanta Beltline. She interviewed us for her blog she runs on Facebook-"Humans on the Atlanta Beltline". I remember when she approached us, I was a little hesitant because I didn't know what this random white girl wanted. lol. I'm not afraid to say, I'm not thrilled interacting with the average white person and give them the side eye in these parts but it is what it is. (especially white women as I find them very cunning) but I digress....


















She asked us how we met and what we did for a living which we were happy to answer because Ian and I are natural talkers and really don't meet strangers. I told her about how Ian and I met on OKCupid and that I was an ancestral matchmaker. At this time, she became very interested and asked questions inquiring about my services for herself. I had to stop her in her tracks and tell her that I exclusively worked with Africans and African Americans with strong cultural identity. I could tell she was a little disappointed but I was hoping she would stay down and not challenge "why" because I didn't wanna bury this little girl with wisdom, knowledge and truth bombs in the middle of the day. However, I did ask her sign (Capricorn) and gave her a good word before we walked away. She was very cynical about her love life and thought she would have someone by now in her mid 30s. So when I saw this story, I was humbled and glad that she was inspired by our #BlackLove. I felt so gratified that we had something that most of the world says is impossible, non-existent. SN: She followed my page and created a love advice page that she wanted me to be a part of (I declined) Ironically, a year later, I noticed she had a post on FB that said she was a proud republican with a hoisted American flag outside her dentist office that said #RepLife. For me, I couldn't get to the unfriend button fast enough. Anyways... Take a look at the beautiful blog post she created on her page:

"It was amazing. I could be myself. I didn’t have to wear wigs and weaves and stuff around him. I could just be me. I was so into the hair and lashes before. I never thought I'd be one of those au naturale girls. And now I am. You probably wouldn't even recognize me from before. It was really spiritual. ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ kinda stuff."

"More than anything else, what attracted me to her was the fact that she's brilliant. Most people just don't understand the universe. I say that broadly. There's a lot of intuition that people ignore. It was just an easy conversation with her. In a galaxy of a billion planets, how is there not more out there? How egotistical are we to think we’re alone? We can go into a deep conversation about it."

"So basically we're weirdos. And this is our first baby. We got pregnant so fast. The conception was instant."

Little Ian has got some rad parents!

I figured I'd add more before pics of my transformation/evolution because this level of freedom and becoming a mother has been the most rewarding thing to happen in my personal life.  There was a time I was too embarrassed to show how different I looked before but now that my inner beauty is on fleek, I don't care.  Breaking the chains from a euro-centric standard of beauty is the most liberating feeling in the world for a black woman like me.

I was so insecure and living in a prison to my wigs/makeup.  This look made so many ppl comfortable with me.

My ex watched me buy new wigs every week like an addict.  He was so patient with my process


Body sculpting in my lace wig.  I never took it off.


Unemployed, starting over again

No comments:

Post a Comment